Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is an effective way to heal your endocrine system and bring balance back to your body. Age is one of the most common reason people experience hormonal imbalance, but there are many other reasons you may be feeling the uncomfortable symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
By exploring the root cause of your discomfort, Kansas City Missouri Hormone Specialists, Chiquita Hall, MSN, FNP-C, and Cynthia Stock, FNP-C, in Jackson County, Missouri can make connections between multiple symptoms and any hormonal imbalance you may be experiencing. Addressing these symptoms at their root cause means more energy, more confidence, more control over your life and a stronger immune system.
Unlike synthetic hormones, bioidentical hormones are created from plant-based extracts. The hormones found in soy and yam are nearly identical to the hormonal structures that exists in the human body. Because of their matching cellular structures, many patients find that their bodies metabolize these natural hormones faster and easier and experience less side effects.
Benefits for both men and women
- Reduced Hot Flashes and Night Sweats
- Hormones trigger the hypothalamus to control body temperature, and when they are out of balance, body temperature can fluctuate to create hot flashes and night sweats. Keeping hormones balanced can regulate body temperature.
- Weight Loss
- Usually, estrogen and progesterone imbalances are responsible for weight gain. Progesterone can cause water retention, and excessive estrogen can cause fat to accumulate. Preventing estrogen dominance and balancing progesterone can help women to lose weight.
- Healthier Sleep Cycles
Sleep cycles are also set by the hypothalamus, and when hormones fall out of balance, sleep can be adversely affected. Balanced hormones can allow women to fall asleep easier and stay asleep.
- More Energy
- Hormones affect metabolism and blood sugar, and if they are deficient, the body may not effectively produce enough energy for a person to feel energetic throughout the day.
- Stronger Bones
- Hormones play a major role in helping bones absorb calcium and other important nutrients that help them to stay strong. Reduced levels of important hormones can lead to brittle and porous bones, which increase the risk for fractures. Broken bones are a major source of permanent debilitation in the elderly; however, restoring hormonal balance can help bones to stay strong and potentially prevent osteoporosis.
- Lower Risk of Breast and Uterine Cancer
Imbalances between estrogen and progesterone can lead to estrogen dominance. While estrogen promotes tissue growth, progesterone inhibits it, and if levels of progesterone are too low, it cannot counterbalance the effects of estrogen. Balancing estrogen and progesterone proportions can reduce the risk of developing estrogen dominance and excess tissue growth in the breast and uterus, which lowers the probability of developing breast or uterine cancer.
- Improved Cardiovascular Function
Estrogen works to improve blood flow, which can help to protect women and men from developing blockages in the arteries and reduce the risk for heart attacks. Having balanced testosterone levels can also play a role in healthy heart function. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help both men and women to improve their blood flow and increase their cardiovascular health.
- Decreased Risk of Dementia and Alzheimer's
Estrogen plays a large role in the detoxification of the brain, which is why lower levels of estrogen can increase the risk for the development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Pregnenolone, an adrenal hormone, helps to protect the communication between brain cell receptors, which can improve both the long and short-term memory.
- Reduced Blood Pressure
- Hormone levels can often affect the body’s metabolism and the way that blood flows through the veins. Often men and women with lower hormone levels suffer from high blood pressure; restoring hormone levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help to reduce hypertension and improve blood flow.
Other Benefits of Bioidentical Hormones Include:
- Reduced Body Fat
- Improved Sexual Function
- More Energy
- Increased Mental Clarity
- More Stamina and Endurance
- Balanced Moods
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps to bring back life to your body by restoring the hormones to optimum balance. Kansas City Missouri Hormone Specialists, Chiquita Hall, MSN, FNP-C, and Cynthia Stock, FNP-C, use bioidentical hormones, which are exact molecular copies of the hormones produced within our bodies. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is a safe, natural, and effective method of treating a wide range of medical conditions.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy has been practiced for over 70 years, and has been successfully treating both men and women. Another benefit of using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is its capabilities to aid in reducing the risks of certain diseases, such as osteoporosis, liver and heart disease. These healing capabilities are only one of the many benefits of using bioidentical hormones to ease your aging process.